LYON - VILLE REFUGE
– NAME: Lyon – Shelter City for Human Rights Defenders
– DATES: started in 2021
– WHAT IT IS: We contribute to the protection of human rights defenders at risk by offering them temporary relocation to Lyon.
The programme provides a platform for beneficiaries from around the world to raise awareness in France, particularly among the youth, about global issues such as human rights violations, freedom of expression and the environmental movement.
– AREA OF INTERVENTION: Lyon
– PARTNERS: The City of Lyon, the Metropolis of Lyon and the Protect Defenders Consortium.
Enabling HRDs in danger or in need of respite to seek shelter and/rest in Lyon in optimum conditions.
Strengthening the hosted HRDs’ skills through different trainings and extension of their network.
Raising public awareness at the level of the cityabout human rights violations and the protection of HRDs thanks to exchanges with the hosted HRDs.
– INTERVENTION MODES: Social and financial support, networking, awareness raising, capacity building.